to serve a crowd. original recipe here. My modifications (different nuts, different herbs, different spice)
- 2 packages mixed nuts (i bought a version with no peanuts)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5-10 leaves of basil, sage, rosemary (it’s what I had)
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line pan with parchment.
- Toss nuts on pan.
- chiffonade the herbs. (ie: roll them up and chop finely). Add to the nuts.
- Sprinkle on maple syrup and chilli powder
- Mix well
- Bake for 15 mins until the syrup is absorbed.
- sprinkle with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper (if your nuts are salted, don’t add salt)
Yum. good snack with wine