Who needs pasta when you have a squash?
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1/4 c peanut butter
- 1 T sesame seeds
- 1/2 block silken tofu
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T ginger
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- peanuts to taste
- 2-3 scallions, diced
- 1 onion
- bell pepper
- 1/2 Portabella mushrooms
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With a peeler, peel squash into ribbons (throw away the outer peel ones).
- Lay on a baking sheet and roast for 10 mins or until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine tofu, salt, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar, soy, ginger, garlic, 1/2 of the onion and scallions. Puree until smooth
- Sautee onions in a pan. Add bell pepper and mushrooms and cook until soft.
- In a bowl, combine squash ribbons, peanut sauce, and veggies. toss with a few chopped peanuts or sesame seeds.
I have done spaghetti squash noodles and zucchini noodles, but never butternut squash noodles!
Great idea to make “pasta” out of squash! 🙂
I want to see a photo!