This started out as the moosewood recipe…but then it required some substitutions…
Equipment: Crock pot
- 1 butternut squash pre baked (ie: roast in the oven/toaster oven until semi-soft. 1/2 hour)
- 2 ears of corn
- 1/4 cup lentils
- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- a few portabella mushroom caps
- 1 t chilli seasoning (chilli powder)
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t coriander
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- Scoop out the seeds from the butternut squash. Scoop out the flesh in rounds (a mellon baller would work). why? interesting chunks.
- Chop onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms.
- Add onion, a dash of olive oil to the crock pot and turn on.
- Grind cumin, corriander and a cinnamon stick. Dump into the crock pot
- De cob the corn.
- Add the veggies and lentils to the crock pot.
- Add a cup of water
- Cook for 2 hours-ish. When the flavors have come together, add in the coconut milk.
- Salt and pepper to taste.