Really, you ask? that sounds kind of random. And perhaps it is. But it’s what I had in the fridge! It was inspired by a fellow blogger’s recipe for a kale/sweet potato tortilla casserole. We still have a mega ton of kale in the fridge, as well as a portabella, a sweet potato, two ears of corn, pre-marinaded jerk tofu, two tortillas, and some salsa I bought the other day. In the end, I used some, but not all of the ingredients. The sweet potato I saved for later. And I subbed out the tofu for the black beans in the original recipe. And…I added some other spices.
- 2-4 tortillas
- 1 portabella mushroom
- 1/4 large onion
- 1-1/2 cups kale
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 T cumin seeds
- 1 T corriander seeds
- salsa to use as a sauce
- 1 recipe of jerk tofu
- 2 oz cheddar cheese shreds
Note: You will have leftovers of the filling if you just use 2 tortillas like I did tonight.
- Chop the onion into fine strips and sautee in a large skillet/wok.
- Add a chopped portabella mushroom (cut into 1″strips)
- Pull the kernels off of the corn and toss into the pan.
- Add the kale (cut into strips) into the pan.
- grind the cumin & corriander seeds and add to the pan.
- Add the jerk tofu
- Stir and cook until the kale is soft.
- line a small casserole dish with some salsa
- Add two tortillas overlapping–they will be sticking up.
- Add the filling.
- Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese on top
- cover with the tortilla ends that are sticking up.
- cover with some more cheese and salsa
- bake at 350 for 15-20 mins.