This is probably one of the most flavorful tofu marinades I’ve discovered–the tofu really soaks up the flavor. I merged a few recipes…one here on Meatless Monday and a moosewood recipe
Ingredients (I halved the original recipe the first few times I made this to make 2 decent sized portions). that’s what’s below.
- 1 cake of baked tofu
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 T ginger
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T maple syrup or honey
- 1 t allspice
- 1 nutmeg
- 1 t cloves
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- lime zest
♠ Equipment: food processor
- Place all of the ingredients except the tofu into a food processor. Grind into a paste.
- Scrape paste into a gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Chop tofu into small pieces–2″ cubes.
- Put tofu into ziploc. Seal and shake up
- Refrigerate tofu in bag for a few hours–min 2 hours. overnight probably would be even better.
- When it’s marinaded sufficiently, drizzle a little olive oil into a large skillet. heat. add tofu and marinade. cook until brown on all sides. (you can bake per other recipes, too).
- enjoy. I paired this with a mango salsa.