We had some kale & beets in the fridge and sweet potatoes on the counter, so my mission was to see what I could create to use them up…et voila, superfood stew!
♥ equipment needed: a heavy pot (i like my Le Creuset Dutch Oven)
cooking time: 1 hour
- 1 bunch of Lacinto Kale (the curly kind), de-veined and chopped into
- 1 Golden beet (the red ones turn everything red, which kind of looks ugly), peeled & diced into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of green split peas
- 1/2 spoon of green curry paste
- 2 kafir lime leaves
- 1 nib of galangal (optional–you can use regular ginger)
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- a handful of peanuts
Chop up the veggies into pieces. Saute the onion, garlic & ginger paste in some olive oil. When translucent, add in the veggies and split peas. Cover with about 1 cup of water. Cover pot and cook for about 1/2 hour-45 mins.
When the veggies are tender, add in the coconut milk, curry paste, and kafir lime leaves and simmer another 15-20 minutes.
Serve with some cooked quinoa.