We had a few sweet potatoes that we’d cooked a week ago that were just sitting in the fridge. What should we do with them, I thought. And then I remembered Swapna’s cool idea–sweet potato cutlets!
- 2 sweet potatoes (wrap in foil and cook in the oven until soft. peel)
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 TBSP coconut flour* (new secret ingredient. it’s absorptive. and doesn’t add flavor)
- a spoon of pesto or some fresh herbs
- 3 TBSP Panko breadcrumbs (regular is fine, too)
- salt to taste
♥ equipment needed: baking sheet
♣ the method
Peel the sweet potatoes and mash the insides in a bowl. Add chili powder, garam masala, coconut flour, salt, and pesto. Mix well. Form into nuggets or balls. Flatten and coat in panko bread crumbs.
Lay on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and bake at 450 for about 15 mins or until they are lightly browned and firm. Enjoy!
* Coconut flour, I discovered, is a really good thickener. Where do you get it? Whole Foods or any health food store, probably.