Last winter, I was looking for good cookie recipes, and came up a great dark chocolate shortbread cookie with dulce de leche inside. (In an upcoming post, i’ll give you that recipe). But today, i’ll give you the first step. It’s a good summer recipe because it involves zero standing around a stove. Nor does it require you to turn on a hot oven for hours.
- A crock pot
- 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk (you could do just one, but while you’re using the electricity why not double it? trust me, you’ll want it for later. Oh and it keeps for a long time)
- water (to fill your crock pot)
- Peel the label off the cans if you can. If not, no biggie, they’re getting a bath and it’ll come off later.
- Place your cans of condensed milk into your crock pot
- Fill the crock pot with water to cover the cans entirely
- Let it cook on low for 8 hours (yup, a perfect recipe to pop in before bed time).
- Pull out the cans with tongs so you don’t burn yourself.
- Let it cool. It’ll be worth the wait and much less dangerous. Don’t try to open while hot.
- Pop it open. Spoon it out onto whatever (just a spoon? over ice cream? a cookie?). It’s delicious.