Our garden is going gangbusters. When I went the other day, the tomato plants were out of control, as was the basil and parsley. And there were 4 beautiful long eggplants. So I needed to make something with this stuff. Here’s what I came up with:
- 2 Japanese eggplants, peeled
- 4 Gardein chik’n scallopini cutlets
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 T flax
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 1 portabella mushroom
- 1 T honey mustard
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T lime/lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 T capers
- 1 t chili sauce ( I used one we picked up in Barbados)
- 1 T parsley and basil chopped
- ground black pepper and salt
- 1 T olive oil and 1 T butter melted
- sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese
- Beat the egg. add some of the salt, pepper, and parsley mixture
- Put the almond flour & flax on a plate. Add a little salt/pepper/paprika to the plate.
- Dredge each cutlet into egg and bread with almond flour/flax
- add 1 T olive oil and 1 T butter to a pan. melt/bring to a sizzle. Add cutlets and heat until golden on each side
- In a bowl, mix wine, honey mustard, capers, balsamic vinegar, and lime juice. Add to the pan with the cutlets. Heat on low or simmer. Add capers and a sprinkle of cheese at the end.
- Separately, peel the eggplants and chop the onion into strips
- Saute the onion. Add eggplant and mushroom. Add the rest of the basil & parsley mixture. Add the chili sauce. cook until veggies are soft.
- Serve 1/4 cup of the veggie mixture on a plate. Add cutlet on top. Garnish with capers and herbs.