In my ongoing quest to figure out new things to do with brussels sprouts, I ran with a random idea: semi-indianize them. It means curry powder, cashews, ginger, and turmeric, but not the whole South Indian tempering mustard seed route.
- 1 bag of brussels sprouts, rinsed & halved
- 1 T turmeric
- 1 T curry powder
- 1 handful cashews
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 1 t ginger
- Preheat oven to 450
- Put the olive oil and spices into a gallon sized ziploc or a large bowl.
- Add in the brussels sprouts and mix well–until it is entirely coated
- Line a baking pan with parchment and lay the brussels sprouts in a single row down on the parchment.
- Bake until browned and a little crispy. (you want the brussels fully cooked)
- Chop onion into fine strips. (I used a vidalia). Sautee in a skillet until golden brown
- Make a well in the middle and add a drizzle of oil or butter. roast the cashews in that oil
- Add the brussels sprouts to the onion-cashew mixture and stir well.
I love brussel sprouts, but have never tried them with curried spices!!
Pingback: Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Chicken | The Journey of Two