This was an experiment on my husband and neighbors. Hubby bought a rather LARGE bag of kale. What to do with it? I made spinach with it (using the kale instead of spinach), I made baked kale, braised kale…and this.
- 1 clove garlic (i had used 2 and it was a bit strong)
- drizzle olive oil
- 2 T tahini (to make it creamy/ceasar dressing-like)
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 squirt dijon mustard
- 1 T soy sauce
- a sprinkle of parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast should you want to keep it vegan
- 3 handfuls of kale–chopped finely
- 4-6 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- basil torn
- 1/4 red onion in thin slices
- sesame seeds
- croutons, should you wish them
Combine the dressing ingredients in the food processor and blend. Mix well with the kale–I just mixed with tongs and let it sit–but some people say to “massage” the dressing in. Then add tomatoes, and onions. Sprinkle on sesame seeds and croutons if you wish.
This sounds good. I also love to add a squirt of Braggs.