It’s been really hot, so…cold soup sounded good. We had some tomatoes and some tomatillos, several cucumbers and green peppers from our farm box…and voila…gazpacho!
♠ equipment: a food processor blender
- 4 tomatillos, peeled and quartered
- 1/4-1/2 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber peeled and rough chopped
- 1/2 cup of basil (cilantro would be good too)
- 1 green pepper rough chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion or shallot
- 1 serano pepper (anything would be fine)
- a handful of walnuts
- a drizzle of olive oil
- salt to taste
This couldn’t be easier–toss all of the ingredients into the food processor and pulse until smooth. Chill. Serve with a little cilantro (or a chiffonade of basil, which is what I used because I didn’t have any cilantro handy).