The last of last night’s superbowl dishes was: Stuffed sweet potato skins. A melding of 2 different recipes that is a little time consuming but rather tasty.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 link of “Field Roast” mexican chipotle fake sausage, crumbled into pieces
- 2 oz cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 bunch of scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 (helps to be baking other things, too)
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil. Bake for about 30-35 minutes–unitl you can cut them in half and scoop out the flesh without disturbing the skin. Too long and it will be hard to save the skin. Save the inside of the sweet potato in a bowl.
- Mix the spices. sprinkle them on both sides of the sweet potato skins.
- Toss in half of the grated cheese over the 4 skins.
- Bake for 15 minutes (careful, they may burn, so take them out if they are getting dark). That said I charred mine by accident and people liked it.
- While the skins are baking, mix up the sweet potato insides with a little cinnamon, scallions, and the sausage pieces.
- Stuff the skins with filling, top with remaining cheese and bake again for 15 mins. Yes really, a 3rd time.
- top with guacamole or sour cream or anything else you wish.